Lit Manager Conrad Sun offers Story Engine Webinar
Conrad Sun, who'll be accepting pitches via the
MovieBytes partnership with Roadmap Writers on Sunday, July 24th
, is offering a free recorded Story Engine webinar. Mr. Sun, manager from Meridian Artists and owner of www.filmescape.com, will be breaking down what a story engine is and how you can make sure your engine is golden. He will be going over story engines for Walking Dead, Friday Night Lights, Orange is the New Black, Back to the Future and Tootsie.
Register through the link below by Tuesday at 3 PM PDT to receive this free recording: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3650873760461610497
This 90-Min. Webinar Will Cover:
What exactly is a story engine?
- The key elements that comprise a story engine
- Why is it important?
- How to test the viability of your story engine?
- The difference between personal vs world stakes
- World Stakes need to be established first
- Examples of interesting world stakes
- What is a narrative paradox and why is it important?
- How to find the best narrative paradox
- Misconceptions and mistakes while creating the narrative paradox
- Telling vs selling
- Rely on your world stakes and your creative paradox
- Come back to your story engine
- Front load your pitch with your story engine. (Put the cart before the horse).