Big Bear Lake International Film Festival Screenwriting Competition
P.O. Box 1981
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315-1981
Email: Click here
Contact: Sandy Steers, Vice President & Screenwriting Competition Director
The Big Bear Lake International Screenwriting Competition stresses providing opportunities for winning screenwriters to make key film industry contacts and to have their script read by our jury panel of Hollywood professionals.
Expired. Previous Deadline: 04/07/2013
- Screenplays must be feature length no less than 90 pages and no more than 130 pages. (No exceptions will be made.) All screenplays must be written in English. Screenplays must be in 12 point Courier font and pages must be numbered. Only online submissions will be accepted, and any revisions after submission will not be accepted.
- No writer or contact information should appear on the screenplay itself. Title page should include title and logline/synopsis ONLY, no name or contact information. Name or identification must not appear anywhere else on the script. ANY SCRIPTS WITH WRITER NAME OR CONTACT INFORMATION ANYWHERE IN THE SCRIPT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All judging will be anonymous.
- No promotional materials, illustrations, or shooting screenplays will be accepted.
- Screenplays should not have been produced nor optioned. Screenplays that are currently optioned or have negotiations pending and/or are sold before Big Bear Lake International Film Festival ends are not eligible for competition.
- All entries must be accompanied by: a) a completed and signed entry form, b) an appropriate entry fee (as defined on the entry form) and c) a signed release form. Any entries not including an E-mail address for the evaluations will not receive the written reader evaluations for their script.
- You may enter more than one screenplay, but you must submit a separate entry form, release form and entry fee with each submission.
- Screenplays must be copyrighted with the Library of Congress or registered with the Writers Guild of America (WGA). It is the responsibility of the screenwriter to insure that their work is protected.
- All payments must be in U.S. Dollars. Checks returned by the bank unpaid will disqualify the submission.
- Finalists and winners will be determined by professionals in the film Industry. Winners in this competition will receive a trophy and all Finalists will receive Certificates at the Awards Ceremony.
- Participation in the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application.
1st - 3rd Place winners receive the "Bear" trophy and an assortment of gifts generously provided by our sponsers (varies year to year)
1st Place wins exclusive gifts generously provided by our sponsers which in the past have included entry to screenwriting seminars (David Freeman, Robert McKee), agent meetings, and professional script consulting. (varies year to year)
Check website for more details.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: Big Bear Lake Screenwriting Competition
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Big Bear Lake Screenwriting Competition
After a four-day event that brought Hollywood to the mountains for over 100 film screenings, the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival (BBLIFF) has announced the winners of its 2011 competition.
Big Bear Lake has announced Megan Breen's Gabriel's Calling as the winner of their 2008 Screenwriting Competition.
Amy Taylor's The Surrogate has been announced as the winner of The Big Bear Lake screenwriting competition.
The Big Bear Lake Film Festival has announced their 2005 Screenwriting Competition winners.
The 2005 Big Bear Lake Film Festival has announced their screenwriting competition finalists.
Interviews: Big Bear Lake Screenwriting Competition
An interview with screenwriter Francisco Castro regarding the Big Bear Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Big Bear Lake Screenwriting Competition, MovieBytes would like to interview you