BlueCat Screenplay Competition
Founded by a writer, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition’s passionate commitment to develop and discover the unknown screenwriter continues to define our work today.
We provide each writer who enters BlueCat two written analyses, ensuring each entry is reviewed by two readers, while supporting screenwriters of all levels and stages of development with the constructive feedback all writers require.
Our Winners and Finalists have been signed by major talent agencies like UTA, CAA and WME, sold their work to studios like Warner Bros., Paramount and Universal, and won major awards at the Sundance, Berlin and Tribeca Film Festivals, all after being discovered by and winning BlueCat.
Expired. Previous Deadline: 11/15/2013
Notification: Quarter-Finalists will be announced February 15th, 2014. Semi-Finalists will be announced March 15th, 2014. Finalists will be announced April 1st, 2014. Finalists will be announced April 1st, 2014.
All entries must be in English. Accepts both Short and Feature screenplays. See BlueCat website for complete rules.
SCRIPT ANALYSIS DEADLINE SCHEDULE:
- Short screenplays submitted on May 15th, 2013 will receive their written analysis by June 1st, 2013. ($35 entry fee)
- Short screenplays submitted by June 1st, 2013 will receive their written analysis by June 15th, 2013. ($40 entry fee)
- Feature screenplays submitted on June 15th, 2013 will receive their written analysis by July 1st, 2013. ($55 entry fee)
- All screenplays submitted by July 1st, 2013 will receive their written analysis by July 15th 2013. ($60 Features, $40 Shorts)
- All screenplays submitted by August 1st, 2013 will receive their analysis by September 1, 2013. ($60 Features, $40 Shorts)
- Scripts submitted by September 1st, 2013 will receive their analysis by October 1st, 2013. ($60 Features, $40 Shorts)
- Scripts submitted by October 15th, 2013 will receive their written analysis by November 10th, 2013. ($65 Features, $50 Shorts)
- Scripts submitted by November 15th, 2013 will receive their written analysis by March 1st, 2014. ($70 Features, $60 Shorts)
- All analyses will be returned by March 1, 2014.
SAMPLE SCRIPT ANALYSIS: http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/script_analysis
- The Feature Winner of the 2014 Competition will receive $15,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $2500 each.
- The Shorts Winner of the 2014 Competition will receive $10,000. Three Shorts Finalists will receive $1500 each.
- The Cordelia Prize will be awarded to the Best Feature screenplay written by a screenwriter residing in the UK and will receive $1500.
- The Joplin Award will be awarded to the Best Feature screenplay written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA, Canada or the UK and will receive $1500.
- All screenplays entered by August 1st, 2013 will be automatically entered in our Title Contest. Three winners will be determined by the votes of current 2014 BlueCat entrants and awarded $250 each.
- Each applicant will receive an e-mail notifying them of the writing competition results.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: BlueCat Screenplay Competition
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: BlueCat Screenplay Competition
Demain, Je Me Tue, by Pierre Chance, has been named the $10,000 winner of the 2013 BlueCat Screenwriting Competition.
Hand Lit Match by Rachael BernSousa & Mary Lusted
of Perth, Australia, has been named the winner of the 2013 Joplin Award for the Best Screenplay received by BlueCat from outside the USA, Canada and the UK.
Christopher Brown's Knock-Out has been given the 2013 Cordelia Award as the Best Screenplay received from the UK.
Five finalists have been announced for the 2013 BlueCat Screenplay Competition.
BlueCat has announced their 2013 Screenplay Contest Semifinalists.
Interviews: BlueCat Screenplay Competition
An interview with Gordy Hoffman regarding the BlueCat Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Lily Amirpour regarding the BlueCat Contest Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Rick Stempson regarding the BlueCat Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the BlueCat Screenplay Competition, MovieBytes would like to interview you