BIFF Screenplay to Production Contest
BIFF Screenplay to Production Contest (BIFF SPC) offers an opportunity for under-represented screenwriters and filmmakers to produce a film entirely from Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production to a completed finished project on High Definition Format only.
Contact contest for this year's deadline.
- Screenplays and documentary proposals must not have been produced already. BIFF SPC seeks new work from screenwriters who never had prior exposure with the screenplay submitted or documentary proposal within the film industry. Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
- Applicants must be residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- BIFF SPC is open to everyone: unknown, established and emerging filmmakers. All screenwriters are eligible regardless of professional status.
- Submitted screenplays must be in standard industry format and must be written in English. Foreign language parts of a screenplay must have English translations.
- Feature-length narrative and documentary screenplay must be between 45 to 160 pages
- Short narrative screenplay and documentary can be up to 45 pages
- The front cover page of the screenplay must have all the authors contact information.
- A one page outline or synopsis (Approximately 700 words) must be submitted along with the screenplay or printed on the back cover of the screenplay like that of a regular book cover.
- The primary representative of an invited project must be in attendance during the closing ceremony of the Boston International Film Festival event, on June 11, 2006. For projects with directors attached, the primary representative is the screenwriter(s), although potential co-producers are encouraged to attend as well.
- Multiple entries are accepted, but each entry must be accompanied by an entry form and fee.
- Screenplays must be registered with the WGA or copyright office
Winning Screenplays (4) will go to production.
Writers who have queued this contest have also queued:
User Comments: BIFF Screenplay to Production Contest
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: BIFF Screenplay to Production Contest
The Boston International Film Festival has announced their screenplay competitions finalists.
Interviews: BIFF Screenplay to Production Contest
Zero interviews found. If you've finished first, second, or third in this competition, we'd like to interview you.