Valley International Film Festival
9835 Nevada Avenue
PO Box 3609
Chatsworth, CA 91313-3609
(818) 980-9777 (voice)
Our mission is to promote and encourage the endeavors of our International Creative Community in all media, by providing exposure to their productions and writings by way of a film festival.
Contact contest for this year's deadline.
- Please include 2 copies of all screenplay entries that are accompanied by a completed entry form, $50 entry fee for feature length and $25 for short length made out to VIFFi, writer’s resume, accompanied by a 50 word synopsis and character description that is bound within the script. Your name should not appear anywhere on the screenplay. All judging is done without knowledge of writer(s) identity.
- Screenplays that are currently optioned or have negotiations pending and/or are sold before the VIFFi ends, are not eligible for competition. No screenplay may be withdrawn from competition after February 15, 2004. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Feature length Screenplays must be no longer than 120 pages, and Short Screenplays no longer than 45 pages. All screenplay entries must be written in English. Any revisions after submission are not accepted. Screenplays must be in 12 pt courier font, no promotional materials or illustrations are accepted, pages must be numbered, and be on 3 hole punched paper with brads. No “shooting” or “directors” screenplays will be accepted. Unlimited multiple entries are accepted with a separate entry fee & entry form for each submission.
- It is the responsibility of the screenwriter to insure that their work is protected. (Copyright or Writers Guild).
- To have your screenplays returned, please include a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) otherwise the screenplays will remain in the VIFFi archives.
- A Screenwriters Playhouse will spotlight the 12 Finalists from all four categories with a " cold reading" of one scene from each script by professional actors. The Screenplay Finalists will be able to work with the actors before the performance.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local taxes) on or connected with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of respective winners. All prizes awarded in connection with the competition are nontransferable and nonendorseable. No substitution of prizes is permitted.
- All screenplay entrants release and hold harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the competition or participation in festival related activity or resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the competition, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. The VIFFi Board of Directors and Staff do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of an entrant’s intellectual property rights, if any, in respect to any submission provided in connection to the festival. By entering the festival, entrants release, waive any claims with regard to, and hold harmless the festival from and against any and all claims of any kind that are or could be asserted with respect in any matter relating to the competition. Entrants further agree to indemnify, defend and hold the festival harmless from any and all damages, liabilities, fees and cost incurred in defending against any third party claims or threats of claims asserted against the festival arising from any entrant’s participation in or conduct associated with the competition.
- All screenplay entrants warrants and represents that he/she has:
a. the full right and legal capacity to sign this document and is not a party to any agreement that would condition or restrict Entrant’s ability to enter into this agreement.
b. Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the screenplay.
c. Entrant has the right and power to perform his/her obligations as set forth in this document and to grant rights herein contained.
d. The rights granted to VIFFi in this document will not violate or infringe upon the copyright, literary, privacy, publicity, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that Entrant’s screenplay will not constitute a libel or defamation of any third party.
- All Screenplay Entrants hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releases without limitation, any content providers, advertisers and sponsors, the parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies of each of them and against any and all third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to any breach by Entrant of any provision of this document, including, without limitation, Entrant’s representations and warranties.
- Nonperformance of any party shall be excused to the extent that performance is rendered impossible by strike, fire, flood, earthquakes, war, governmental acts or orders or restrictions, acts of God, or any other reason where failure to perform is beyond the reasonable control, and not caused by the negligence of, the non-performing party.
- BEST SCREENPLAY FEATURE & SHORT DRAMA
- BEST SCREENPLAY FEATURE & SHORT COMEDY
- BEST SCREENPLAY FEATURE & SHORT ANIMATION
- BEST SCREENPLAY FEATURE & SHORT ACTION/WESTERN
User Comments: Valley International Film Festival
This page is restricted to registered members only.
First-time user? Register now to receive FREE email contest updates, news, results, deadline reminders and more. Rest assured, information submitted here is held in strict confidence. MovieBytes never sells or in any way distributes email names or addresses. We promise!
Forget your password? Never got one? You can have one emailed to you immediately by clicking here.
News: Valley International Film Festival
The San Fernando Valley International Film Festival has announced their official selections in the screenplay category.
The San Fernando Valley International Film Festival has announced their 2005 screenplay selections, and their Best Screenplay Award Winner.
Interviews: Valley International Film Festival
An interview with screenwriter Diana Kemp-Jones regarding the Valley International Writing Competition.
An interview with screenwriter Carl Roth regarding the Valley International Writing Competition.
Let's talk. If you've finished first, second, or third in the Valley International Film Festival, MovieBytes would like to interview you